top of page

OUR STORY

Three generations have guided and grown a modest family welding supply business into one of the leading suppliers of Carbon Dioxide and related equipment and services in the Northeastern United States.

 

In 1935, Clarence Williams founded Pipe Welding Supply in a 400 square foot facility on William Street in Elmira, New York. Clarence's son-in-law Charles E. Loew took over the company in the 1950s and led Pipe Welding Supply through a significant growth period. In 1991, Clarence's grandson, Charles “Chuck” W. Loew divested the welding supply piece of the business to focus on sales and service of Carbon Dioxide (C02) and C02 systems. Pipe Welding Supply officially became Carbonic Systems Incorporated in 1992.   In 1996, Chuck retired and his sister, Kathryn Casey become the next to lead the family business just a few blocks from where it all started.  

 

Today, Kathy is CEO of Carbonic Systems Incorporated, a NWBEC certified business that continues to focus on providing superior service and excellent value to a growing list of customers throughout New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and the New England states.

Newspaper Article
CO2 Truck
Old CO2 Trucks
bottom of page